Congratulations to our August Athlete Highlight
Brigitt has an amazing positive outlook, never gives up, and shows up daily to challenge herself so she can continue reaching her goals! Her results since starting CrossFit January 2017 are AMAZING and we are so inspired at all the progress she has made thus far in her journey toward health and wellness! Congratulations Brigitt for all your hard work and determination! We are so proud of you!
Here are some questions we asked Brigitt!
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit? After several years of being stuck in the same rut, extremely overweight & unhappy. I was sick & tired of being sick & tired!! I had tried getting gym memberships & even doing at home workouts/ dieting! & frankly nothing ever stuck! I was scrolling through Facebook & saw “6 week challenge” so I decided to click on it and read more! I had no idea at that time that this was going to be the best decision I’ve ever made!! I also had no idea what crossfit was but knew I had to do something & I’m so grateful I did!!!
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be… Oh boy that’s a tough one!! Id probably have to say rowing & or running further then 400 m! I am hoping sooner than later those two will become easier for me!
3. If you had to make up your own wod it be? I really like deadlifts! So anything that involves those are always fun! I also love parter WODs where we get to split the work & work together to get it done as quickly as possible!!
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc. I moved over to central Oregon with my husband a little over 5 years ago! I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful 2 year old & I also babysit a lot! I love swimming & going on the boat whenever we get the chance to! My newest hobby is crossfit & being healthy! I am loving this new lifestyle & won’t ever stop! I want to be healthy & fit so I can be the mom out there keeping up with my daughter & not just watching her from the side lines!
5. Your proudest accomplishment? I would say besides becoming mom, my proudest accomplishment is my weight loss thus far! I still have a hard time believing it & am so scared I may fall back into that. Thankfully I have an amazing support system and I wouldn’t of been able to be this successful without my 3 peaks family! There’s no stopping me now!!
6. Your favorite cheat meal? It’s a tie between street tacos and sushi! I love them both! Haha
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit? There’s so many things that I love about 3 Peaks CrossFit! It’s not just the workouts that you’re going there for. You also keep going because of all the support that’s there! Everyone keeps pushing you to keep moving forward & you really can’t find that at a typical gym. The coaches are beyond supportive, and they’re always there when you need them! I love that we are all on our own journey to health & fitness, & that we can continue to support and motivate each other!! I really don’t know what I’d do without my 3 peaks family! All of you are awesome!!!
8. Something we might not know about you is? I can sing and also play a piano, but haven’t in several years. Cross fit has given me the confidence and self esteem to some day maybe do that again.