Our August Athlete of the Month is Brett Whipple. Congratulations Brett! Brett is very coachable and a pleasure to have in class. It’s been really fun watching his progress as an athlete over the last several months. Great work, Brett!
Here’s a little bit more about Brett:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit?
I was involved in a functional fitness class where I work, we did a lot of CrossFit type exercises. But, I just got to the point where I knew I needed better instruction, so started going to 3 Peaks.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be …
There are so many things I don’t have in my wheelhouse yet, but honestly can’t think of an exercise so bad I would never want to do it again? Everything is good for us and modifiable (is that a word?) right?
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be …
It would have to include deadlifts, that is all I know!
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc.
I have an awesome fiance, Tabitha, who was able to attend 3 Peaks this summer. Two daughters: Rosebud, 20 and Annie who is 17.
I officiate a ton of sports year round and CrossFit helps to stay in shape for that. I like to shoot guns and hunt when I draw tags. I work for the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, handling all the insurance stuff and 2-3 other jobs they have me do.
5. Your proudest accomplishment?
My two daughters surviving being raised by me is pretty cool.
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food?
Pizza or enchiladas, oh yeah and definitely DQ Blizzards too!
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit?
The friendships and the great instruction on the movements.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I love to dance, but never seem to get the chance much.