Our December Athlete of the Month is Leah Basse! She’s celebrating her one year box anniversary this month and we’re so glad to have her as part of the 3 Peaks family!
Here’s a little bit about Leah:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit?
Brittney Smith convinced me to give it a try. I was skeptical and nervous but I’m glad she did! I couldn’t imagine my life without it now.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be …
Burpees for sure!
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be …
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc.
My husband is my high school sweetheart. Been together 14 years, married 7. We have 2 little boys, Brayden is 6 and Connor is 4. We moved to Madras 3 years ago from Marysville, WA, which is where I grow up.
I love camping hunting fishing, anything outdoors! And spending time with my family.
Besides the short time I worked at Antlered Teepee, I have always been lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mama.
5. Your proudest accomplishment?
Staying consistent with CrossFit for a year! I’ve always enjoyed working out, regardless of what type, but I never stayed consistent with anything til I found CrossFit!
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food?
Tacos and beer!
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit?
All the support and encouragement. It feels like a family and I have made some great friends!
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I have a bachelors degree in Law and Justice from Central Washington University. I used to want to be a cop, and in the FBI. That doesn’t interest me at all anymore, but I’m still glad I experienced going to college.