Our May Student Athlete Highlight is Kevin Abendschein!
Each month here at 3 Peaks, we love to highlight an athlete that stands out to coaches. Whether it’s consistency, breakthrough, or just conquering a fear, we want to shout from the roof tops how proud we are of our athletes, and how much we love seeing their determination!
A huge congratulations is in order to Kevin! We are so incredibly proud of his work ethic, encouragement, and determination to never stop! Awesome job Kevin! Thank you for always having a heart to encourage your box mates, a smile that lights up the room, and a drive that says never stop!
Here are some questions we asked Kevin and his answers!!
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit? My beautiful wife.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be… WALLBALLS!
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be… Something involving rowing, push presses, farmers carry & floor presses.
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc. I was born and raised her in Madras. I have worked for Fred Meyers for 25 years. I am a proud father of four daughters. I enjoy working with wood and classic cars.
5. Your proudest accomplishment? My family.
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food? Bread
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit? The family atmosphere and shared common goal of continued health and well being. Any fitness level can grow here. Amazing coaches that genuinely care about the athletes. I appreciate the fact that if I show up I will for sure get a good workout. I like that we are encouraged to continue to push ourselves to be better.
8. we might now know about you is? I am a really good cook. I enjoy cooking for large groups of people. My daughter wants people to know that I have some mean dance moves. I have a goal to retire in 8-10 years.