A HUGE congratulations to our September Athlete Highlight Caree! What pure joy it has been to have the privilege of working with such an incredible gal! Caree inspires, gives it her all, and never gives up… even it it’s wall-balls! Great job Caree! Week by week you are gaining strength and we couldn’t be prouder!! Determination, regardless of obstacles that come up shines from Caree everyday. She is beyond diligent in her eating, by prepping her meals and eating often throughout the day. She’s strong, motivated, and a real motivator for so many of us at the Box! Awesome job Caree!!! If you see Caree, give her a high five!
Questions we asked:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit? I have worked out most of my adult life on a regular basis, however, I really did not know much about CrossFit other than hearing the words. I first experience CrossFit at one of the free classes given on a Saturday after 3 Peaks first opened. I think there was rowing involved. I am pretty sure.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be? Weighted Step-Ups….I know you thought I would say wall balls, or rowing. They all can make me cry. However, I do not want to back down from a challenge.
3. If you had to make up your own wod…. it would be? 3 RFT, 40 Sit-ups, 30 burpees, 20 pull-ups, and 20 clean and jerks or squat cleans with a short 200 meter run at the end of each round.
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc. As a child I grew up my early years in Redondo Beach, CA. My parents came to the area when I was in 5th grade year. I went the rest of my school years in Culver. Then off to Southern Oregon College for a short time. Now I am married have 2 adult children Gary who is married to Wendy and Kris, who lives in Santa Clara CA, and 2 grandchildren, Carson and Emily….2 dogs (Stanley and Gunner) and 3 cats ( Booda Who, Number 2, and Holly . After farming for 30 plus years, I currently work for Jefferson County School District in Human Resources. I love music, the outdoors; I love my family and am so ever proud of all of them.
5. Your proudest accomplishment. This is crazy…I am not good at answering questions such as this one…. its like an interview. It is an interview I mean a job interview. My proudest accomplishment…mmm…I have to stop of think hard on this.
6. Your favorite cheat meal? Margarita first, then maybe something like a…couple of fish tacos…. that probably is not a cheat meal. I might say spaghetti, I love pasta…however, I really cannot afford the carbs.
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit? The workouts are never boring… they are challenging and I feel that I can improve my strength. I love the competition…and I get to hang out with a younger crowd.
8. Something we might not know about you is? I can be more fun than you think. Maybe that is an illusion. I may be a little stubborn.
Thank you Melissa, Claude, and family for your help and support. You are super awesome! And then some.