Our April Student Athlete Highlight is
We are so proud of all the hard work Anita has been doing. She’s been with 3 Peaks almost a year and has grown in her strength, stability, and endurance. It’s so fun to watch athletes grow in their confidence and ability, and we couldn’t be more proud of all Anita has been accomplishing. We can’t wait to see where 2018 takes her in her athleticism.
Great job Anita!
Here are some questions we asked Anita!
1.How were you introduced to CrossFit? Michelle Stensgar was talking about it while I was getting a haircut. Bring a friend day was coming up. She couldn’t be there but I asked if I could go as her friend even if she couldn’t go. So I went and the rest is history. I wish I had started years ago.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be… WALLBALLS!
3. If you could make up your own WOD it would be? My WOD would be single under jump ropes, banded pull-ups and box jumps.
4. Tell us a little about yourself, family, hobbies, job etc. My family moved here from Alabama 18 years ago. My husband Lee is a nurse. Our boys are Ian,22 and Aidan, 21. Both go to OSU. I teach GED classes at the prison. On days I don’t come to CrossFit, I swim laps. I like to bake bread way too much and I sew and have a garden.
5. Your proudest accomplishment is? In CrossFit, so far conquering the Box Jump at 20 inches is pretty great feeling! In life, that would be the work I do at the prison. The best thing to teach someone is to believe they have value. I work at doing that every day!
6. Favorite cheat meal? Favorite cheat meal is chicken parmesan.
7. What do you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit? What I love about CrossFit is that it has made me so much stronger so that when I do other activities I have more energy and fewer pains than ever before. I feel so good and energized most of the time.
8. Something we may not know about you is? You probably don’t know that I have a motorcycle endorsement and a Yamaha dual sport.