Our November Athlete of the Month is Paul Etter. He has been a long-term 3 Peaks member and we love to have him in class. Paul is super adventurous and we love his enthusiasm! Here’s some great tidbits about Paul:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit?
I was introduced to CrossFit by my wife, Ashlyn, who was one of the founding members.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be …
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be …
I love to row, and run. The longer the better, so 1k row+1k run x3 would be a fun WOD.
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc.
I have three older sisters and they all work at Boeing. I met Ashlyn in college. We were both on the CCC track team as throwers. We have two boys: Brock and Berick.
I work down the street from the Box at Shielding, making X-Ray aprons for the dental/medical industry. I have a tendency to get obsessed with my hobbies and have had many different ones through the years. But currently its mountaineering (peak bagging), dirt bikes, and running.
5. Your proudest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment would have to be climbing Mt. Rainier in 18 hours, car to car.
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food?
I love ice cream and will/would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, anytime.
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit?
I love many things about CrossFit. Working out with my wife is always fun. Also, the variety of movements keeps it interesting. It’s always a challenge no matter the WOD. And, finally everyone is so nice, even to an introvert like me.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I have always enjoyed playing video games, and still do from time to time. I really get into them.(xbox oneX, Nintendo Switch).