Our October Athlete of the Month joined us earlier this year for a 6-week challenge and has been doing an amazing job since she started! Mary is always positive, works hard and we love seeing her beautiful smile in class.
Here’s a little bit about Mary:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit?
I saw the 3 peaks 6-week challenge on Facebook and thought I’d try it out.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be …
I was going to say burpees. But today’s WOD I reminded me.. double unders. OMG, I dislike the jump rope.
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be …
Something with squat cleans and deadlifts.
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc.
One of my hobbies is reading.
5. Your proudest accomplishment?
TBH my sobriety. Choosing to stop drinking alcohol was my biggest accomplishment. I definitely wouldn’t be the person I am today.
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food?
Sweets. Cakes, donuts, etc. Any kinds of sweets.
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit?
People. The coaches and athletes. I love how encouraging and welcoming everyone is.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I’m scared of heights. But I went bungee jumping once. And sometime I want to try sky diving.