This month’s Athlete of the Month, Sarah Raburn, got a taste for CrossFit when she joined us for Murph in 2018. She did awesome and joined the box with her husband at the end of that year. Sarah is so much fun to have in class – she’s always positive and works hard at hitting her goals.
Here’s a little more about Sarah:
1. How were you introduced to CrossFit?
I was introduced to CrossFit by Leah. She invited me to do Murph last year and I joined that December.
2. If you never had to do this one exercise ever again, it would be …
The 1/4 mile lunge. Still mad about having to do it! 😉
3. If you had to make up your own WOD it would be …
200 M run
4. Tell us a little about yourself, families, hobbies, job etc.
I am a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful kids! Married my best friend in 2008 and have loved building a life together. I have many different interests but what grabs my attention the most is learning new things. I tend to ask a lot of questions, sometimes too many questions … just ask my coaches!
5. Your proudest accomplishment?
Learning to invest. Investing has given me many challenges but also the greatest rewards. It has taught me to never give up. That there is always another way. To dream big, to help others, to push forward when all you want to do is stop.
6. Your favorite cheat meal/food?
I love a good crispy chicken burger and fries! Top it off with a sweet iced tea!
7. What you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit?
What I love most about CrossFit is the foundation it was built on. It’s more than just a gym. It’s safe, loving, supportive, challenging and most of all, it’s a family that truly cares about you. When you reach your goal, you don’t celebrate by yourself, everyone celebrates WITH you! You are never alone on your journey.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I became a landlord at the age of 21.