Our April Student Athlete Highlight is…..
What an honor it has been to get to know Jen! Her positive attitude, coach-able spirit, and upbeat enthusiasm is always leaves a smile on her Coaches and Boxmates faces! She truly is part of our 3 Peaks Family and we are blessed to have her here! Congratulations Jen, for always digging deeper, pushing hard and making amazing changes that have inspired so many others!! We are blessed to call you friend and family!
Here are some questions we asked Jen!
- How were you introduced to CrossFit? I kind of stumbled upon it, I had been wanting to get back into exercising, and working out, but I was never really a fan of the typical gym atmosphere. All those machines, I felt like I would wander around not knowing what to do. I heard about 3 Peaks CrossFit and was intrigued by the program, and workouts. It sounded like a lot of fun, and the best part was the workout was posted and that’s what you did. Simple.
- One exercise I could live without would probably be burpee pull ups. Not a huge fan of those, but I get it done if I have too.
- If I had to make up my own WOD it would probably be Deck of Cards, because you never know what your next card will be. Hearts: Sprawls, Clubs: Thrusters, Diamonds: Sit ups, and Spades: KBS.
- Tell us about yourself? I have been a member at 3 Peaks for a little over a year now, and I love it. My husband and I own the Madras Liquor Store, which we purchased almost 2 years ago, I have 2 sons, Isaiah and Isaac. We love to spend time together as a family, and are very involved with our kids and their sports. We also love the outdoors, hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting.
- Proudest accomplishments? I have so many things that I am proud of that I have accomplished since I started CrossFit, but I think my proudest moment is when I did my first box jump. I was so nervous, and a lot of it is just in our heads. Sometimes we just need to try and shut that voice out and go for it, and do it, and I did it!!!
- Favorite Cheat Meal? My favorite cheat meal is probably pasta. I love a good cheesy pasta dish, with a good protein of course. Lol.
- What do you love about 3 Peaks CrossFit? There are so many things that I love about CrossFit, I don’t even know where to begin. First would have to be everyone at the box, and how we all support and encourage each other throughout the workouts, and even outside of the box. I have made so many friendships and I am so grateful to have them. I love the variety of WOD’s we have and how they challenge us and push us. I love that our coaches take the time to make sure that we all are feeling ok, and help us with any aches or pains we may have. They get to know us individually and on a personal level. Not only do they want to see us succeed, but they want to make sure we get there safely. They truly care about us.
- Something you might not know about me is, I am a crazy sports mom. I get very into when my boys are playing sports, and sometimes can be very loud. Especially during wrestling season. Lol